Rolling admissions is now open! Birthwise Midwifery School is looking for bright, passionate midwifery students to join us, on campus, for this fall’s midwifery program. We’re now accepting applications on a rolling basis until July 15th or until the campus option fills up.
The midwifery program’s campus option consists of four semesters of rigorous academic study at our facilities in Bridgton, Maine. For three of these semesters, students complete hands-on clinical training at Birthwise. After completing local rotations, each student chooses an off-site preceptor midwife to practice with for the fifth and sixth semesters. Before graduating, students spend 18 months with their preceptors. Learn more about the campus option.
Prospective students are welcomed on campus any time during the academic year. Visitors are encouraged to take a tour of the Birthwise campus, sit in on a class, meet current students, and interview with staff.
A visit is a great way to get to know the Birthwise family and decide if a Birthwise education is right for you. It’s also exciting for the staff and faculty, as we get to know what might be the next generation of Birthwise students.
We know that your ability to jump through administrative hoops doesn’t necessarily correlate with your ability to be a great birthworker. That’s why we’ve tried to make the admissions process as simple and straightforward as possible. Learn more about admissions.
1. Download the short answer questions and the essay prompts. Prepare answers to the short-answer questions and write your essay before beginning the application.
2. Download the reference form and email it to three non-familial references. Choose references who, preferably, know you in a professional or midwifery-related capacity.
3. Scan or take a photo of your doula training certificate or proof of registration and your CPR card or proof of registration.
4. Prepare or request your high school transcripts and, if applicable, your college transcripts,
5. Complete the application. It must be completed in one sitting, so allow yourself enough time to finish (approx. 30 min).
6. Pay the $50.00 application fee by check, credit card (call 207-647-5968), or PayPal below.
We’re very exciting to open up rolling admissions, so that more talented student midwives can join us on campus next year. Please contact [email protected] with any questions about our application and/or admissions process.