Send all applications by email to [email protected]
du or drop them off in person. Birthwise is an equal opportunity employer.
Executive Director (Posted 13 Feb 2019)
Birthwise Midwifery School is an accredited institution that offers a 3-year residential and low-residence midwifery program, a 12-16 month low-residence midwifery assistant program, continuing education for practicing midwives and publishes a research-based journal, Midwifery Matters. We are celebrating our 25th year in 2019, and currently have approximately 75 enrolled students and 9 staff members. Our students are eligible to apply for Federal Financial Aid, the GI Bill and we are able to enroll international students, mostly from Canada. Graduates of Birthwise are eligible to sit for the national exam to become Certified Professional Midwives (CPMs) and can be licensed to practice in 30 states.
The founder of the school will be stepping down from the ED position, after a training and transition period, when the new ED is hired. Birthwise is currently a privately held S-Corporation but will transition to non-profit status with the new ED. For more information, visit our website or contact the school directly.
Birthwise is an equal opportunity employer seeking individuals who share our commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion in our work as midwives and educators.
- Non-midwife candidate- 32 hours/week
- Midwife candidate- Full time possible with the addition of course instruction
Compensation: Commensurate with experience, $30-35 per hour
Start Date: To be negotiated, March 2019
Qualifications: A quality candidate for an executive director will have a proven track record of managing people, budgets, and goals. Prior work with non-profit and/or educational organizations is required.
- Minimum 5 years relevant professional experience
- Program management and personnel supervisory experience
- Demonstrated high-integrity leadership style
- Excellent public speaking, writing, and communication skills
- Excellent administrative and computer skills
- Expertise in and commitment to the principles of equity and inclusion
- Experience with non-profits, grant writing, fundraising and marketing preferred
- Familiarity with the midwifery profession and/or childbearing health issues required
- Experience in the field of higher education preferred
- Master’s degree preferred
Applying for the Position:
- Qualified individuals interested in the opportunity should submit a cover letter and an up-to-date CV with references
- Posting will be open until position is filled
Models (Posted 10 May 2017)
Birthwise uses live models to assess students on performing skills. These models are local people who are paid per diem to participate in simulation assessment scenarios. Contact Birthwise if you would like to be considered for an occasional modeling opportunity.
Housing (Posted 10 May 2017)
Birthwise is continually needing short-term and longer term housing for students in the Bridgton area. If you have a room, apartment, or house you would like to rent to students, send a description of the housing to [email protected].