We’re happy to have you as a current student at Birthwise. Here’s the information you need to know for your upcoming semester of classes.
Register for Courses
Use our convenient Sycamore online registration system to register for your courses.
SPRING 2021 REGISTRATION is closed
Stay tuned for information on Fall 2021!
If you’re in preceptorship, your Preceptorship Credit Worksheet must be approved before you register. Reach out to Sarah Schubeck, our Clinical Director, at SarahS@birthwisemidwifery.edu for a copy of this worksheet.
Instructions for Online Registration
- Make sure you’re logged out of Sycamore before starting
- Login to the online registration system using the button below. Use your Sycamore credentials.
- Review and update your contact information in the popup. Click NEXT.
- Review and update your student information in the popup. Click NEXT.
- Click the + next to Midwifery Program to open up the upcoming semester’s courses. Check off the courses you intend to take.
- If you’re doing a preceptorship, click the + next to Clinical Program. If your Preceptorship credit amount isn’t listed, please contact us at email@example.com or 207-647-5968 ext 101.
- You’ll receive a confirmation email with your completed registration. If you have any issues, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 207-647-5968 ext 101.
Pay your tuition
Two weeks after you are registered for classes, we’ll send you a Tuition Cost and Information Letter via Adobe Sign, sent to your Birthwise email. This shows your tuition and fees due for the semester. This sheet will reflect any financial aid you receive, including federal student aid and scholarships.
Please note: adding or dropping classes may impact your eligibility for financial aid and your tuition bill. If your tuition cost information changes, we will issue you a new letter.
Your tuition payment is due in full by one week before classes begin. Late payments will be charged a $40 late fee.
You can pay your tuition by credit card online or by mailing us a check, made payable to Birthwise Midwifery School to 24 S. High St., Bridgton, ME 04009.
We offer payment plans by request. Requests for a payment plan need to be made before the first day of class.
Your tuition bill can be broken into a maximum of 3 equal payments, spread evenly between the tuition payment deadline (one week before classes begin) and the 60% mark of the semester.
Payment plan installments incur a $10/payment fee that must be paid when the installment is paid. All tuition for the semester must be paid in full by the 60% point of the semester.
Please email Katie Krebs at email@example.com to request a payment plan.
Birthwise offers two types of scholarships: one for Midwives of Color and one for Underserved Communities.Learn About Scholarships
Buy your books and materials
We post booklists and syllabi to Sycamore a few weeks before courses begin. We have copies of all required books in the student library.Buy Semester 2 Birthkit
Update your information in Sycamore
Login to Sycamore to update your personal information. We use this information to send out important documents, so make sure it’s accurate!
Check out this video to learn how: https://vimeo.com//220845663Login to Sycamore
Review the Student Handbook for any updates
We update the Student Handbook each academic year. Please read it for updates!Read the Student Handbook